.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 05, 2006

Deep Kimchee

The Boston Sunday Globe on May 28 had an article about the health benefits of kimchee. For those not acquainted with Korean cuisine, kimchee is a spicy concoction made from fermented cabbage. It's not to everyone's taste, but I love it. Unfortunately, it's also pretty pungent and so my wife has declared our house a no-kimchi zone. But every now and then (usually when she's away) I sneak in a jar.

So I was happy to learn that a recent study in Korea found that kimchee could reduce stress levels and wrinkles...in mice. I never knew that mice led such stressful lives. Regardless, I think I'll need to point out these benefits to my wife. But I think I'll leave out the other referenced studies that suggest that kimchee and soy bean pastes may contribute to gastric cancer. In people...not mice.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?