.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Movin' Out !!

OK, this time this post is about Billy Joel.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I went to see Movin' Out, the musical choreographed by Twyla Tharp to the music of Billy Joel. This is a fantastic show even if you're not a Billy Joel fanatic like me. Backing the brilliant dancers was Darren Holden on piano and vocals who on some songs seemed like he was channeling Billy while lending his own personal interpretation to others. I have to admit that I initially didn't like the fact that some guy was doing Billy Joel covers, but I quickly got over it. The dancing was uniquely Twyla Tharp--extremely physical and a bit avant garde which kept the energy level high throughout the show. The ambiance of the recently refurbished Opera House completed the experience.

If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend you see this show.

Special thanks to our friends Jeff and Ellen who provided us with these tickets.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?