.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 28, 2007

First day on the job

This is a great article on how to prepare for an employee's first day on the job. The first day in a new company can be pretty stressful even for the most seasoned worker. Making a new employee feel welcome and able to contribute as soon as possible is key. In my previous company, I waited one week before I could get a badge or key to my office and even longer than that before I had a reasonable computer to work on. At my current company, I had a phone, computer, mobile phone, office supplies, and a welcome message from our department admin on my whiteboard the day I started. The article begins with one simple piece of advice. "It just requires a little empathy." How true...

Via Hacknot

Comments:
I wish you were the Brian Levine I (have to) know.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?