.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, April 13, 2007

Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite

The product I work one, Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite, recently shipped. I'm pretty proud of it. I work on the wireless PIM part of the product which includes email, contacts, and calendaring targeted at the J2ME platform.

I've been a software engineer for quite a while. Mobile computing was a new area for me and this was a great learning experience. I learned about J2ME technologies such as CLDC and MIDP and tools such as EclipseME and J2ME-Polish. My team built a kick-ass product from scratch (no existing code) completely in Java in record time. It runs on a variety of mobile devices from various vendors.

The whole mobile area is really exploding right now so I'm pretty psyched to be involved in writing code for mobile devices.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?